Saturday 12 May 2012

Design Development on female form

Full outfit design development drawings on a women's form. I thought it would be better to get my ideas out of a shape that I am used to designing with however for all these garments I had the male form in mind and was thinking how they could wear the clothes in a different way. 

I like the cross over jackets (first and third). I think they would be very versatile in both mens and women's fashion as you could do the crossover tighter/leave it open (as a relaxed blazer) depending how you wanted it. This style would suit a wider segmentation of the market (from teenagers/ university students etc right through to busy parents for a more casual dress). I also like the second to last outfit however I think that the cropped jacket would not be wearable for a man. The last slouch pants in green, I believe would be very popular for a younger market as they are on trend and a comfortable basic. The trousers with the ties at the ankle are intended to be only worn by the woman as I believe the straight down leg (that would suit a man's figure) would not suit the woman's figure as well. I think this is partially guided by a trend toward tight fitting jeans etc so to have a straight leg seems abnormal. 


For the first outfit, I tried to take that cropped jacket and make it more masculine - I think I did the opposite as the flap down the back makes the whole outfit more feminine, (I am unsure, in two minds..). The color choices have deviated slightly from the Margareta collection for two main reasons - firstly I wanted the colors to be slightly more up beat at therefore more wearable and secondly I needed them to be unisex. I imagine more of a khaki green instead of this quite vibrant one. I will also consider adding slices of black into the outfits as this is unisex and very trans seasonal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment