Friday 4 May 2012

Fit in Men and Women mannequins and how this will effect my collection

I am having some trouble in designing on a men's form as I am so used to designing on a women's form so I decided to drape a fitted tunic on the male mannequin and make it up and compare the fit on the female mannequin in order to get a bit idea of sizes and the body shape.


As you may be able to see, the main areas of distortion on the women form is on the side of the bust, the shoulder and the area in the back. The back and bust areas do not really concern me as from the beginning I have wanted my collection to be lose and protected (with lose layers) however the major slopped shoulder does concern me as this translates to the armhole placement. If the armhole is too low on a woman (especially in a woven fabric) this can cause a lot of discomfort when moving. I have to think about this in my design development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment