Friday 4 May 2012

Design Development via Drape

I enjoyed draping straight on the mannequin instead of designing on paper so I took pictures of some jacket designs and I really like the way some of them turned out. Note that I only draped on one side as you only need one side to make the pattern and it conserves fabric. I tried to only use rectangles and squares with folds when designing. 


There would be no seam that goes under the arm so the front/back can be tied around to fit the women's shape. 


These are some different ways that you could wear the jacket. It would be interesting to see how it would translate on the women's form. All of the patterns are made out of squares or rectangles apart from the sleeve block. Zero waste pattern! 


These are some other jackets that I draped. I will now attempt to sew one up to see how it falls on the women's form. Need to try and sketch these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment