Monday 14 May 2012

My Market

 These are the first few boards that shape my market together. I am focussing of the X and Y generation  to put it scientifically. I am also keeping the Z generation in mind which follow the Y as I want my collection to sustain over generations. I have learnt through my consumer behavior paper that generations is a effective and readily used way of segmenting target audiences. Wikipedia quotes the following about the Y generation, "Characteristics of the generation vary by region, depending on social and economic conditions. However, it is generally marked by an increased use and familiarity with communications, media, and digital technologies. In most parts of the world its upbringing was marked by an increase in a neoliberal approach to politics and economics; the effects of this environment are disputed." Knowing this, I need to consider how I sell my clothing - possibly via internet, how I approach this segment - via facebook/ engaging marketing techniques and lastly how the clothes effect and fit in todays world environmentally - informing these consumers about my sustainable label. Author John Ulrich explains about generation X that, "Since then, "Generation X" has always signified a group of young people, seemingly without identity, who face an uncertain, ill-defined (and perhaps hostile) future." Knowing this, I need to emphasize the warmness and protective element of the collection with its neutral tones and versatile ways.
The collage above is by no means implying that couples will be targeted for my label. In this collage I simply wanted to emphasize the way men and women wear clothes and how they can wear similar pieces very differently making each piece very masculine/feminine. I picked photographs where the man and the woman where dressed in a similar way to emphasize this. As for my market, I can really see couples of this age and style wearing my clothing. People who like to layer with scarves and coats etc, people who like relatively loose/relaxed clothing and like to be comfortable. 



The collage above represents a typical home of my market or a house that they see themselves living in. Even if someone in my market is a university student living in a flat, they are the type of person who spends money on nice elements that make their area of the house homely and individual. The house is relatively clean and simple but has small knick knacks that give the rooms personality and interest. Everything is accessible because they are normally very busy. They may have young children so cleanliness is important.


This collage represents the style of my market. They like to mix different textures, wear ALOT of layers, wear mostly neutral tones with greens and blues. They care about the environment and are worried about the way we are consuming and how this will effect the future of their children yet they are unsure what to do about it therefore at any opportunity to buy green/sustainable they do. Saying this they do not go out hunting for it, it is an added bonus. They like to layer similar colors together, e.g. many blues/browns and tans together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment