Monday 14 May 2012

Zero waste jacket toile

This is my unisex zero waste jacket that I draped. In the first toile, the sleeve was not zero waste so I had to weave it into the block. 


The pictures are not the best but the first picture is half the pattern on card and the bottom picture shows how I made the jacket zero waste. I un picked the first jacket and laid it flat on paper then cut and exceeded parts to make the final block. 



I added a gusset to the back of the pleats which made a little hood shape (last picture). I am really pleased with this shape as I believe it makes the front of the jacket more layered and voluptuous. I need to change the area of the slash line for the shoulder as it was too tight especially on the mens form. I also need to make the jacket longer as the cropped look does not suit the mens form.

No comments:

Post a Comment