Thursday 24 May 2012

Drafted line ups

Some drafted line ups. I am really happy with color combinations and the models. I think there is the perfect amount of print. It makes the collection a little more dynamic and youthful and draws on other brands in the market place like lonely hearts. (Lonely hearts has always had small prints that from far away don't look like much but from close up they look really effective). I think the print is leaning more toward a masculine side therefore drawing on the ideas that girls can wear boys clothes. 

More shading. I have taken this to the printers and was once again really happy with the results. 

Women's line up. Really happy again all though a few things to fix. 

Made browns darker which works much nicer as it allows the khaki to come forward a bit more. 

IDEAS FOR ILLUSTRATION:

I have spoken to the printers about printing on canvas paper as I think this would produce a really nice grainy effect that would bring across the idea of being natural and sustainable well. Saying this, I did not want the line up to have this whole effect therefore I thought that printing on a clear plastic and sewing it to the canvas could bring together all of these ideas. This would also bring forward the concept of layering that is explored throughout my past collection and this one. I also used layering in my last illustrations with stitching, paper and collage. After speaking to Holly she said I should try sewing down the shape of my zero wast pattern on the canvas (behind line up) to bring forward the ideas of zero waste. I really like this idea and I am working on finalizing this pattern. The zero waste garments would also have green top stitching to show the consumer that they are the zero waste pieces. American Apparel has a similar concept when they use sustainable fabrics in their garments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment